Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 02:17:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bootable CD-ROM

Hello FreeBSD gurus!

I have three old 486 computers and I would like to use them
as diskless computers.

I can make them boot from the network and give to them their file
systems.

I took one of the hard drives and installed FreeBSD on it and,
even though the installation is quite small, it works.  It
creates memory file systems and use them until instead of
using the hard drive.

I would like to burn the contents of my hard drive into a CD
and use it to boot my computer.  The only problem I have
is that I do not know how to make a bootable CD.

Do you know where I may find precise instrucctions for creating
a FreeBSD bootable CD ?

For instance, FreeBSD release is sold in bootable CD.
How are they created?

Thanks in advance.

  | |