Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 1999 12:18:38 +0000
From:      John Garcia <john01@idworld.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Window manager problems

I recently installed 3.2-RELEASE as an upgrade to 2.2.8,  Everything
seems to have gone fine with the exception that
I cannot use the new, or for that matter any, window manager( Afterstep,
Olvwm, etc.)  The only one that works is twm.  When I attempt to use any
other I get the xserver to start with a few xterm's but no manager.
I have a working
.xinitrc file, so I know that is not the problem.  What else could be
wrong?

-John.