Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:56:58 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        David Ramahefason <rama@easynet.fr>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need Help on installing SMP on SNAP 3.0

Hi,

> We've just bought a bi-pentium card:
> The UP boot works fine... the compilation for an SMP kernel
> works fine... but when I try to boot it, it hangs just before
> the disk stuff... and nothing occurs...
> Did someone already tested these cards ??? Could someone tell me the good
> options to set up in the Kernel config....

this hardware (to the degree you described it) should work fine,  but you
need to supply MUCH more info to get an answer:

what version of 3.0?, date, etc.
what disk controller/disks?
what SMP options did you use?
be more specific about what happens, eg, give us the last half dozen messages
 to come out before it hangs.
give us the output of "mptable -dmesg" (from a UP kernel is fine).

--
Steve Passe	| powered by