Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:20:27 -0600
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        freebsd-user-groups@freebsd.org, Andrew Carroll <andrew@carroll-tech.net>
Subject:   Re: Colorado User's Group

On Monday 21 March 2005 12:52, Andrew Carroll wrote:
> Hi,
> I am interested in starting a user's group in Colorado, if there
> isn't one already.  I don't know that
> much about it.  Could you provide some information to get started?
> Thanks!
>

> Andrew Carroll
> Carroll-Tech
> 720-273-6814
> andrew@carroll-tech.net

I started the Twin Cities BSD user group about 2 years ago.  I got the
group listed on ww.freebsd.org and sent an announcement to
dailydaemonnews.  That generated about 10-15 users.  Two years later
(today) I have about 50 members, most of whom lurk on our mailing
list.  Meetings have been sketchy from time to time....we've had a
couple that were 4 people all the way up to 20 people.  I suspect
there is a "critical mass" that needs to be met before we have
consistant attendance to the meetings.

HTH, feel free to ask questions and what-not.  You might have some
ideas for me as well.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel