Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:18:28 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@brizzie.org>
To:        "Joe Clarke" <marcus@marcuscom.com>, "Cynic" <cynic@mail.cz>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: config for POP3 mail

> IMAP isn't an option for me, that means Pine is out of question...

huh ?? ...... Pine works fine with POP3 or IMAP

> Unless I use something else to collect mail off the POP3 servers,
> and use Pine on my local mailbox/maildir, I guess.
>
> I'm looking for a solution that will:
> 1) collect my mail from several (actually, it's three) POP3 accounts
> 2) filter it upon retrieval
> 3) let me know that I have new mail (message sent to the console)

I don't have time or inclination to stuff around with applications
that require
me to read 97 million pages of martian before I know enough to get the
thing
working. At present I have two internet connections (ADSL with
variable IP
& permanent dialup modem with public IPs), a bunch of assorted IMAP /
POP3
email accounts, two FreeBSD gateways (one running the sendmail /
cucipop),
and various FreeBSD / Win9x/ WinME / W2K, Solaris workstations and
everything simple & reliable. I did look at fetchmail, procmail &
friends but
never had the time to wade through the configuration nightmare ....
one day
I guess I'll spend the time & write up a logical "step by step"
explanation but
at present there are heaps of things with higher priority (like they
pay the bills)