Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2000 19:09:34 -0500
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>, "Tyler Spivey" <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: hardware

Are you talking about current technology?  If it is some new 24x or greater
IDE cdrom then yes, it is supported for sure.  If it is the old CR-563B twin
speed then yes, it is supported, but the sound card/cd-rom controller card
that many of them came with is not.  You would need to find a dedicated
controller (not an easy thing these days) in order for the driver to find
your cd-rom.  And if you have the old old old crusty (I'm talking with the
original ORANGE crust on it) CR-513 (?) single speed (you can tell cause it
has a caddy for the cd-rom) then no, it never was, and never will be
supported.

Josh