Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:50:18 -0700
From:      Bob Howard <rhoward@fidelity.presys.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with KDE desktop...

List,
Sigh... I'm new to FreeBSD and now have installed three times,
once from FTP and twice from the newest power pack 4.0
distribution.

From CD-ROM, booting from floppies, everything seems to go
just fine... when all complete and reboot into the system I
log on as user, then startx using KDE. When the desktop
appears I get the message:

could not create ~/kde/share/apps/kfm/magic

Stuff works in the root, but I know not to run there for
normal ops... even if not much more.

Could someone please advise.

Thanks,

Bob H