Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:39:17 +0200
From:      Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
Cc:        Lista <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   On-Line Kernel Debugging Using Remote GDB

Hi:

I am trying to debug a kernel using the steps specified in the Handbook.
I follow the
steps to compile the kernel, reboot with -d option, and in the
other machine, I run gdb -k kernel and so...

I have both machines joined with a serial null-modem cable, but
when I try:

(kgdb) target remote /dev/cuaa0
Remote debugging using /dev/cuaa0
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout
(kgdb)

I am newbie with this topics, I don know where is the problem.
How can I test the communication?
Do I have to change some specs of device /dev/cuaa0 to communicate
with the target box ?

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.