Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 14:00:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISP state their FreeBSD concerns

> On Mon, 13 Nov 1995, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > I think the University of Michigan EECS's paper on "Metadata Update
> > Performance in File Systems" (USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems
> > Design and Implementation, November 1994, pp. 49-60) is well taken in
> > this regard.  They used BSDI as their base platform, so their code
> > will need rewriting before they can release it.  It wants ~1500 lines
> > of changes to the buffer cache code.
>
> 	terry, do you have an ftp pointer for this paper?

I've been asked this several times so far.  Here is the pointer for
everyone at once:

ftp:ftp.eecs.umich.edu:/techreports/cse/1995/CSE-TR-254-95-cover.ps.Z
ftp:ftp.eecs.umich.edu:/techreports/cse/1995/CSE-TR-254-95.ps.Z

There are also a number of good papers on performance analysis and
optimization for multiprocessing architectures on this site.

I believe this is Peter Chen's home site.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.