Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:23:35 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <crist.clark@attbi.com>
To:        budsz <budsz@kumprang.or.id>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem ipfw

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:11:39PM +0700, budsz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was upgrade my box with make world (FreeBSD STABLE), but some function
> firewall doesn't work well, if I typed :
>
> $ ipfw show
>
> 04086 1124985078808576    0   ip from any to any [opcode 0 len 0] [opcode 0 len 0] ...
>
> What that's mean? and how to prepare without make stable and install new
> kernel?

If you are saying that you built and installed a new world without
installing and building a new kernel, this result makes sense. The
userland ipfw(8) command must be in sync with the running kernel for
things to work correctly. The ipfw(8) command is just an interface to
twiddle the firewall settings in the kernel.