Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:05:26 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   TV-tuner card Was:Linux vs FreeBSD Flame War (again) - was Re: More Info

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 09:21:15AM -0800, Joss Roots wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have AverMedia TV-Tuner card, using bt848
> but I could not run it , I am very sad it doesnot
> work, I suppose I did some mistake or missed
> something, I am NOT able to watch TV, or listen
> to Radio on FreeBSD, any help is welcome.
> I'll be very grateful to the one who will help me
> fix this problem.

Excuse me, but why do you use such an uninformative subject line to the
question you've got. If you write subjects that don't at all fot your
question, you'll most likely not get any answers!!

You don't tell us anything about your setup! Have you compiled your
kernel with the bt848 options? Like:
# Philips i2c bus support is provided by the `iicbus' device.
#
# Supported devices:
# ic    i2c network interface
# iic   i2c standard io
# iicsmb i2c to smb bridge. Allow i2c i/o with smb commands.
#
# Supported interfaces:
# pcf   Philips PCF8584 ISA-bus controller
# bktr  brooktree848 I2C software interface
#
# Other:
# iicbb generic I2C bit-banging code (needed by lpbb, bktr)
#
controller iicbus0
controller iicbb0

# This provides support for TV card
device          bktr0

If so have you created the bktr device?

> --- Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > FYI:-
> >
> > Rockwell/Generic Bt848 - Definition:-
> >
> > Full PAL/NTSC UHF video capture device/i2c bus
> > controller/tuner controller.
> > Or TV chip to everyone.  I watch TV on FreeBSD
> > :-)
> >
> > Chris Smith
> > Raytheon Systems Limited
> >

> > To Unsubscribe: send mail to
> > majordomo@FreeBSD.org
> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the
> > body of the message
> >

> =====
> MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

                           __o