Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 1995 22:40:04 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ** Spang! ** 951026-SNAP updated.

> I hate to be the bearer of bad news (again!) but the atapi.flp now
> doesn't even recognize my second IDE controller!  In fact, it gives the
> exact same error message "wdc1 not found at 0x170" that the non-ATAPI
> boot.flp bootdisk gives me, leading me to suspect that you somehow forgot
> to uncomment "options ATAPI" or "device wcd0" when you made this boot
> disk.  Could it be that you accidentally made atapi.flp with
> the same config file as boot.flp? :-) Hopefully, it was a simple mistake in
> the config file, and not Yet Another ATAPI Problem!

Huh..  Nope!  Here are exactly the relevant config lines I used:

controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1

controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
#disk           wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
#disk           wd3     at wdc1 drive 1

options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM

Which is basically exactly what you suggested I do.  So much for that
idea, eh? :-)

					Jordan