Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 14:38:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gotcha in moving to post 4.4 lite2 merge ``world''.

> > they gave us the source code to doscmd, some kernel code, and dealt with the
> > questions we asked them about it?
>
> This was just my point.  Terry expressed his doubts about BSDi handing
> out things from their sources, and my point was that they indeed were
> helpful in the past, but too few of our developers popped up.

I expressed my doubt about the utility and the timeliness of the
availability of the code, actually.  This is slightly different
than doubting that they would hand code over at all (though so
far, we have only hearsay on that matter, even if I personally
credit the sources, since there has been no public statement by
the coder).

I think the soft updates stuff being done, as it was described to
me, is not terribly useful to FreeBSD.  The login.conf stuff,
especially the ability to run BSDi bianries for the authentication
modules, strikes me as a hell of a lot more useful (and a much more
pressing need).

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org