Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:11:16 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        John Reynolds <zeek@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

On 18-Sep-98 John Reynolds wrote:
> I've sent mail off to support@cdrom.com asking with was going to happen
> for FreeBSD subscribers w.r.t. 2.2.8 vs 3.0 when they're both released

Never mind what they said, you understand, etc.......
Just send them an email and tell them what you want. That simple.
I chose to skip 2.2.8 ang get the rest from there on.
Reminder: 2.2.8 is last from 2.X branch
3.0 first from 3.X
3.1(? or was it 3.0.1?) second release from the 3.X branch

> The response I got seemed to indicate that there was (supposedly) some
> sort of "card" in my 2.2.7 package (which there wasn't).

I got it.

> "Your FreeBSD subscription will by default include 2.2.8 and all
> versions after 3.0 (but not including 3.0)."

This meant you will get 2.2.8, NOT the first release of 3.X and from there
on you will continue to get ALL CDs from the 3.X branch.

They are doing this (with the first version of 3.X) because the next
release will be shortly after, I think a month or two. They figure that
many people may not want to get two CD sets so close by.