Date:      Thu, 09 May 2002 23:03:50 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lock the sceen in console mode

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 22:55, Harry Putnam wrote:
>> parv <parv@subdimension.com> writes:
>>
>> > in message <m1u1pg22j8.fsf@reader.newsguy.com>,
>> > wrote Harry Putnam thusly...

>> > see lock(1) manpage... your answer is there.
>>
>> Well, that was pretty painless... thanks.
>>
>> Who'd have thought to look there... hehe.
>
> I also have a port called gone (misc/gone).  It offers some nice
> features over lock(1).

Read the description stuff on my old 4.3 ports tree (gone-1.3.1)
Sounds good.  But I guess no one has written a sort of daemon for this
like the screensavers that lock up the terminal after some specified
time.

Lock and gone work the other way round.  Unlocking or (logging out)
after specified time.  Both seem sort of backwards.  At least for what
I wanted it for.

I wanted something that does this by itself after some stipulated
period.

I realize I could script either lock or gone to do that very thing.
Just lazy.