Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:43:10 +0100
From:      Cait Smith <kit@hypostasis.com>
To:        Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMDGPU Picasso on Thinkpad X395

Hej Bakul=20

> On 6 Mar 2020, at 06:13, Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I am running FreeBSD on a Motile laptop, with a Ryzen 5 cpu pro 3500U. =
I was able to bring up X11 just once (on -current) and then it wouldn't =
work at all. And after rebuilding things now it panics! I tried 12.1 =
first but am now running -current. I tried both FreeBSDDesktop as well =
as drm-devel-kmod.
>=20
> Given that both X395 and Motile have the same processor I am hoping =
your setting will work for me.
> What revision of -current you are using? Also what version of =
drm-devel? Also output of kldstat would be great!
>=20
> Thanks!
> Bakul

I  tried the snapshots from 20200206 (I think - I had other issues =
around that time) 20200213 and 20200220 both seemed OK

That particular Xorg.log is r358358 - though I=E2=80=99ve not tested it =
extensively.=20

Apparently I didn=E2=80=99t save the kldstat in my notes. One thing I =
did early on was remove the VESA driver, because X seemed to be catching =
on it in startup, and that at least gave me the scfb driver working. Or =
that could have been magic (a random thing that actually had nothing to =
do with the effect :) )=20

Currently I have 12.1-RELEASEp2 with  the FreeBSDDesktop files=20

Once I=E2=80=99ve worked out what I want to do with my ZFS datasets =
I=E2=80=99ll rebuild anyway with multiple boot environments. This laptop =
will mostly be used for database and I=E2=80=99d rather not have to =
restore the current database build every time I mess up the OS config :)

=E2=80=94kit