Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 1995 20:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 0622 installation woes (/nfs not found)

On Tue, 4 Jul 1995, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> I guess I wasn't clear on the problem.  The problem is if the distribution
> is sitting on another FreeBSD machine, rfc1323 and rfc1644 will be negotiated.
> Many annexen and other terminal servers cannot handle these packetts, so
> any tcp session will fail to a host that supports the advanced tcp options.

  Are you saying that Annex terminal servers fail to handle TCP packets with
rfc1323 and rfc1644 options on connections passing through the terminal
server, or on connections to the terminal server?

  In otherwords, FreeBSD --> Annex --> FreeBSD, or FreeBSD --> Annex.

  If it is the first option, why is the terminal server looking at TCP
options when it is acting as an IP router?

Tom