Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:58:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      jsw@cywub.sitel.net
To:        chip.wiegand@simrad.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: replacing a cisco router with a fbsd box

cisco routers are some of the most reliable and robust in the industry.

Check the config ... again ... that is usually the weakest link.

Yes, a peecee running xBSD, perhaps with a package such as Zebra, can and
will work as a toasternet router, but the reliability and robustness of the
hardware is usually inferior to that of a 'real' router such as a cisco,
Bay, or the new kids such as Juniper or Extreme.

Good day      JSW