Date:      Fri, 06 Apr 2001 08:51:38 -0600
From:      Lisa <lisa@toon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Questions questions questions

Hi:

Consider me a newbie, a real, brand spanking new one. I want to set up
an Internet server on Unix using Apache and MYSQL.

I am looking at two OS's.... FreeBSD and Debian. I think FreeBSD is
probably better for what I need, but Debian is easier to figure out how
to get started... they have image files to make CD's from. And while
your site has wonderful info about where to get CD's, and how to image
the install floppies, I cannot find anywhere to find cd image files. Do
these exist?

If not, I assume I can just FTP all the files and burn that, making the
two floppies needed for install. (Right?) Well, here is my other
problem.... I go to the FTP site and there are hundreds of directories
and thousands of files, I do not have a clue which I am supposed to get.

Maybe I missed it, but I did not see either of these on the FreeBSD
site. I apologize if I did miss it, please just point me in the right
way. I did get into the Tutorials, too, but those seem to start AFTER
you have the files locally you need.

One final question, in your humble opinion... Debian or FreeBSD? What do
you think? And WHY?

Thank you!

Dave Koch