Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:19:49 -0800
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RealVideo player 5.0 on 2.2.6?

	I just tried installing the Linux ELF version of RealVideo
Player 5.0 on my FreeBSD 2.2.6 system.  All seemed to go well - the
application did bring up a window and did not dump core, and was
correctly invoked by Netscape.  It said it was making a connection
to the feed site, and buffered up data...then it just sat there,
showing the initial video frame, but not actually playing anything.
The slider bar could be moved, and that caused it to re-buffer and
show a new frame, but once more it just sat there instead of actually
playing.

	Has anyone else gotten this to work on 2.2.6?  Or is the Linux
emulation in that version of FreeBSD just too far behind the times?

	Thanks!

Mike O'Brien
obrien@leonardo.net