Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:56:12 EST
From:      n9ogk@juno.com (Jack W Doyle)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: audemo/nas problem.

Ok... Tried that.  It works up to the point where I press 'play'
with an audio CD in my Wearnes CDD-620 drive (it's hanging off the master
HD on 1st IDE controller).  Then the system freezes with an error message
that reads:

/kernel: atapi1.0: no cmd drq

I take this to be where I have to actually hardwire the drq into the
kernel for the CD-ROM drive, but I don't know what the drq for it is.  It
works just fine when reading the data CD-ROM's.  I tried both /dev/rwcd0c
and /dev/wcd0c with the same result.

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions out there?  I heard of an IDE patch
for workman, but I do not know if my version has it (nor do I have access
to it).  Will xcdplayer accept IDE devices as well?

Jack

You know you've been using UNIX too much when...
* You type 'ls -a' in DOS instead of 'dir /w'
* You remember UNIX commands faster than those for DOS
* You try to configure Win95 the same way you reconfig your X display
manager.
* Someone asks a question about what wordproc you use and you say 'I use
vi."