Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:20:30 GMT
From:      Volker Stolz <stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/68464: devel/prcs update request

The following reply was made to PR ports/68464; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volker Stolz <stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
To: "Ian D. Leroux" <ian_leroux@fastmail.fm>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:18:34 +0200

 Am 30. Jul 2004 um 01:07 CEST schrieb Ian D. Leroux:
 > Next version:
 > I've updated pkg-descr (removed some obsolete information, put in the
 > current WWW address).
 >
 > I've restored the old emacs support sections, but I now use
 > bsd.port.pre.mk to ensure that ${LOCALBASE} is defined early enough that
 > they work. I've also moved some PLIST_FILES that were only installed for
 > emacs support into the conditional.
 >
 > post-patch target adjusted to account for changes in the source
 > distribution's directory structure.
 >
 > Now have USE_GCC=3.2 as per the CHANGELOG in the source distribution

 USE_GCC=3.2 is very unfortunate, since this is just a lower bound (well,
 in 99% of the cases) but -CURRENT already uses 3.3 and will move to 3.4
 shortly. So this should be at least 3.3 a) because it doesn't do any harm
 and b) will avoid the -CURRENT users have to pull in 3.2 as a dependency.
 I'll do this change on-the-fly if you don't object.
 Thanks for restoring the emacs-support!

 Cheers,
   Volker
 --