Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:59:21 +0000
From:      User Ngor <ihor@antonovs.family>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tooling Integration and Developer Experience

On 1/30/23 10:08, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> ihor@antonovs.family wrote:
>
>> This can be as easy as moving everything into Phabricator.
> There's the issue that Phabricator itself is no longer supported
> upstream:
>
> https://admin.phacility.com/phame/post/view/11/phacility_is_winding_down_operations/
> https://github.com/phacility/phabricator
>
> I have notes from Oct. 2021 which point to a fork:
>
> https://we.phorge.it/
>
> That fork seems to be somewhat alive. Moving our phab instance
> to phorge is probably no trivial task.

Should be no harder than regular update. They even have a HOWTO
https://we.phorge.it/w/installation_and_setup/update_from_phabricator/

 From operational point of view it requires the least amount of effort,
comparing to full-scale migration to any other platform. The Phorge
seems to be active,
so we can ask them to improve query functionality..(I am an optimist)

Overall short-term plan could look like this:

1. Upgrade to Phorge
2. Setup Maniphest for bugs and tasks
3. Migrate bugs into Maniphest
4. Enable Harbormaster (Build/CI) - this requires coordination with
whoever is working on pre-commit CI.

This should improve things quite a bit already. Long term we can add
Ponder and Phriction (Wiki and Q&A) and move
current wiki into it too.

Infra operations are hard, and I have experience with it. I'd be happy
to help.

--
Ihor Antonov