Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 2004 00:31:33 +0400
From:      Roman Kurakin <rik@cronyx.ru>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Printing from kernel

Hi,

	I have some problems with printing from kernel.
At first I think that my problems was cause I use printf,
but changed all of them to log cause it safe to use from
interrupt handlers. The situation become better but I still
observe system lockup in case I output some debug information
from my driver.

	Also I have some problems with system console via com
port. Instead of messages from kernel I see the first letter
of the month name.

	Could anybody comment my observation? Does anybody
saw anything like this?

	Oh, I forget to say I observe that with both Current
and Releng5, SMP. Also I can't trigger NMI so I can't see the
point of lockup.

rik