Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:17:41 -0700
From:      "Balaji, Pavan" <pavan.balaji@intel.com>
To:        "'James Snow'" <snow@teardrop.org>, ntai@mac.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Number of mbuf clusters (NMBCLUSTERS)

You can increase the maximum number of clusters in /usr/src/sys/sys/sysctl.h
and recompile the kernel. But make sure that you have a stable kernel image
ready, just in case you increase this value so much that your kernel doesn't
boot ;)

I guess the default value is around 9, while for 256MB mem, you can go upto
maybe 10000 clusters.

Pavan Balaji,
Intel Corporation

    "Only the Paranoid Survive"  --  Andy Grove