Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:29:22 -0700
From:      Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh/sshd strangeness

After upgrading to 4.6.1-RELEASE-p10 on the server or 4.6.2-RELEASE on the
client (sorry don't recall which one caused this) I get strange behaviour
from ssh/sshd

 --> ssh flagg
Password:                            <- no opportunity to enter anything
Response:                            <- entered my password here
Permission denied, please try again.
Password:                            <- again no opportunity to enter anything
Response:                            <- hit return
hogsett@flagg.csl.sri.com's password:  <- entered password
Last login: Thu Aug 22 15:09:04 2002 from axp
FreeBSD 4.6.1-RELEASE-p10 (FLAGG) #5: Tue Aug  6 13:03:18 PDT 2002
bash-2.05a$

What do I need to change to get that "Response:" thingy to go away?

Thanks

 -  Mike Hogsett