Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:15:56 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: wheres my prompt#

> HI when i type#ppp at the prompt it says pppON Circle>then i type term
>
> and it says working in interactive mode type ? for help

That's ``~?'', not ``?''.

> The problem is every time i type term at the pppONCircle> prompt
> I loose my cursor theres just a little white rectangle box sitting on
> the
> bottom left and im just stuck in that screen with out being able to
> type any commands "even" the ? command because there is no cursor
> or any response from the key board trying all the keys to get out.Of
> the
> situation.the only keys that work is ctrl alt delete Which i dont like
> use. because then my computer reboots and i have to start all over
> again
> this is very trying....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What port is your modem connected to ?  The default in 2.2.7 AFAIR is
/dev/cuaa1.  You should check that the device you're using has been
probed correctly.  Try (at the shell prompt) ``dmesg | fgrep sio''.
Sio0 == /dev/cuaa0 == COM1, sio1 == /dev/cuaa1 == COM2 etc.

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;