Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:26:21 +0200
From:      Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
To:        Jonathan Fosburgh <jonathan@fosburgh.org>, Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] Re: Possible memory leak in XFree86

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 16:16, Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 January 2004 08:11 am, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > Are you using Qt3.3b1 by any chance? It is known that this causes
> > massive memory leaks under some situations?
> >
> > A.
>
> No, I've got 3.2.3 both places (and I've had at least one prior
> version since installing my system at work).

Ok, scrap that idea then :)

I've been using KDE CVS HEAD (soon to be 3.2) on 5.2 (RC, then RELEASE)
for months now, and with no apparent problem with memory consumption.
This is using stock ports for everything else other than Qt and KDE.

Differences to your systems?
Athlon 1.4 T-bird
768MB RAM (ok, maybe I wouldn't notice memory exhaustion quickly)
Matrox G550

I can't help much more except to say, I'm not seeing it, sorry.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett                                     | andy@athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap@lspace.org