Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:16:35 GMT
From:      mdh lists <mdh_lists@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   sparc64/90316: Keyboard "lock" key lights not working properly

>Number:         90316
>Category:       sparc64
>Synopsis:       Keyboard "lock" key lights not working properly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

Keyboard driver info from dmesg...
puc1: <Zilog Z8530 dual channel SCC> mem 0x1000000-0x1000003 irq 2024 on sbus0
uart2: <z8530, channel A> on puc1
uart2: keyboard (1200,n,8,1)
kbd0 at sunkbd0
uart3: <z8530, channel B> on puc1

This is a standard Sun type5 keyboard and mouse combination.

The situation is that the Cap lock, Compose, and Scroll lock lights are
always illuminated while FreeBSD is running.  The Num lock light never
becomes illuminated.  Though the toggles for each of these works
appropriately, that is, I can actually *use* the num/caps/scroll lock
features normally via the keyboard toggle keys, the light illumination
is never changed.  Compose, caps, and scroll lock lights are always on,
and num lock light is always off, regardless of those toggles.

The problem is purely aesthetic in nature, but it'd be nice to have a fix.

>How-To-Repeat:
This is always the case on this system.  Other mentions of this exact same
behavior have appeared on the sparc64 mailing list, but no resolution was
ever reached, and it doesn't look like anyone has sent a pr about it either.

>Fix:
Sorry, I'm willing to help any way that I can with testing code and such,
but I lack the expertise to work on this code myself.