Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 1997 20:06:47 -0600
From:      Adam Bottchen <bottchen@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Colorado Tape Backup System...

    I recently installed Free-BSD v2.2.5 on my P90.  I have a Colorado
Jumbo 250 Tape Drive already on the system.  I had backed up alot of
data on some tapes under Win 95 version of the Colorado backup
software.  I was wondering, with all of the configuration possible with
Free-BSD, is there a way for me to restore from those tapes?  Is there a
Free-BSD program that can read the format used under the generic
Colorado Tape Backup software?  I tryed the command "ft | tar -tv" to
try and get info on the tape.  I got the messages:

tar:  can't open /dev/rst0 : Device not configured
Incorrect volume inserted.  This tape is:
"3M        QIC80XL    IO80Fi@68IPS V28A 04    " - Mon Feb 17 02:39:49
1997

This message seems to be data coming off of the tape, but the data could
not be retrieved.  Is there another way to do this?

Adam