Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 12:00:08 -0600
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Package/port INDEX question

Is the package index referred to when using pkg_version an amalgam of
installed packages, installed ports, and not-installed ports?

I ask this because of the "multiple versions" that shows up when I run
pkg_version after upgrading from 3.4-R to 3.4-S. A bunch now show up, and
I'm assuming it's because multiple versions of a port exist, rather than my
installation of multiple versions of a package or port.

For instance, bash has multiple versions, but I only installed 2.03.
However, an earlier version shows up in the ports tree, so is this why
pkg_version shows multiple version existing?
--
David Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu