Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:05:27 +0800
From:      Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim <ihsan_junaidi@yahoo.com.sg>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re : Apache CGI problem

Hello all,

Saturday, September 28, 2002, 5:49:52 AM, freebsd-questions wrote:

> Hello all,

>    I  finally  found  the  cause  of  the  problem.  PHP  4.2.3. I commented the
>    LoadModule  and  AddModule clauses in httpd.conf and bam!, all CGIs and Perls
>    work as healthy as they can be. Solved a problem only to bring up another.

>    I  installed  the  latest  PHP  from  the  ports about a week ago and did not
>    noticed the problem (I used the scripts sparingly since I have to concentrate
>    on something else) until two nights ago. 4.2.2 AFAIK, worked correctly. I did
>    not  suspect  PHP  to  be  the cause because everything PHP is working right,
>    cookie management, DB through phpma, phpBB et al.

>    I  used php.ini-recommended edition from my windows edition since 4.2.0, that
>    since about two  months  ago,  on my FreeBSD box and I had noticed no glaring
>    exception to any application I run on Apache with 4.2.0, .1, .2 ...until 4.2.3.

>    Module installed on 4.2.3
>    GD2,  pdflib, pspell, bcmath, mysql, openssl, DOM, gettext, FTP, CURL, bzip2,
>    crypto,   mhash,   XML-RPC,  mcrypt,  WDDX,  XSLT,  XML,  iconv,  sysvshm and
>    sysvsem.

>    Can  someone  verify  whether  my  case  is  an  anomaly or something previously undocumented?

 An update to the situation and a rather weird situation.

 I  commented  the  LoadModule php4 line and start the server and the CGIs would
 work  well  but  the  PHP  as  predicted  did not BUT if I edited httpd.conf to
 uncomment  the  PHP  module  while  the server is running and subsequently do a
 RESTART through apachectl restart, both PHP and CGIs worked! Amazing.

 However  if  I  do  a full stop and subsequently start the server, only the PHP
 would  go  while  the  CGIs kept returning "Invalid Server Error". The same old
 situation.

 I  thought  it would the order of the module loaded that is causing the mishap,
 so  I  replaced  PHP  LoadModule  clause  at the very last line of the list but
 still, no go.

 So  right  now,  if  I  were  to get the both CGI AND PHP running, I would have
 to  comment  the PHP LoadModule statement, start the server, uncomment it back,
 restart (apachectl restart) and the cylinders is all fired up.

--
Thank you for your time,
Ihsan