Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 02:52:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, net@FreeBSD.ORG, core@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: INRIA IPv6 on FreeBSD

> I guess the real question is...  where do we want to end up?  Do we want
> to end up with a seamlessly integrated IPv6, or something that's kept at

Seamless works for me, anyway. :)

> arm's length?   Also, there are other IPv6 implementations out there,
> perhaps the most important is the Linux 2.1.x version.  Where do they put
> there include files?  Putting our includes in a gratuitously different

We're so different than Linux from the API perspective that this may
well end up being something of a fool's errand.  Sure, we could take
substantial pains to be header-compatible with IPv6, but I think we'd
only find that we were still incompatible with most of their other
networking headers. :-)

- Jordan