Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:22:09 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        bsd@picard.mandrakesoft.de, Namiko Tsukino <namiko@cheerful.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unix on PS/2

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 02:09:11PM -0700, Kent Stewart wrote:

> bsd@picard.mandrakesoft.de wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Namiko Tsukino wrote:
> >
> > > Alrighty...I happen to have accquired an old PS/2 today, and after
> > > looking through the windoze crap on it I've decided that its only
> > > salvation could be as either a Linux box or Unix system...It's only got
> > > 77MB of harddisk space toal (why 77...I don't know), so even the
> > > smallest distribution of Linux will not run on it.
> >
> > Not true. The smallest Linux distribution fits on a 1.44 MB floppy disk.
> > You shouldn't have a problem with FreeBSD either - just pick what you
> > prefer.
>
> I thought the ps/2 has the MCA bus, which FreeBSD doesn't support.

Looks like someone has added the support....

Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:21:32 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <mdodd@freebsd.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@freebsd.org, cvs-all@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/conf files src/sys/dev/mca mca_bus.c
           mca_busreg.h mca_busvar.h

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> mdodd       1999/09/02 20:40:01 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     sys/conf             files
>   Added files:
>     sys/dev/mca          mca_bus.c mca_busreg.h mca_busvar.h
>   Log:
>   This is the rest of the MCA support; new_bus code to be exact.
>
>   Should we ever find ourselves on an RS/6000 this code should work
>   with few changes.

Excellent! This thing has been asked for since the 386bsd days...

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037

> Kent
>

> > LLaP
> > bero

> --
> Kent Stewart
> Richland, WA
>
> mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com
> http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/index.html
>
> SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ Home
> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.