Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 1994 06:32:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        burg@burg.is.ge.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bidirectional ports ?

> Another bug: if I run cu while rlogin'ed, it connects correctly, but
> when I type "~.", both cu and rlogin exit.

Er, am I missing something?  This sounds right.  If you are rlogin'd, you
have one layer of tilde-controls.  If you rlogin and then cu, the cu is a
second layer of tilde-control.  If you want to quote a tilde, send "~~".  So
if one were rlogin'd twice, and wanted to exit cu, one would do "~~~~."

Or did you mean something else?

(I routinely intermix several levels of rlogin, telnet, and kermit, so it
gets interesting sometimes, breaking out at just the right level... kermit
from my home box to my work box, rlogin to another work box, kermit out to a
sol.net box, telnet to Solaria itself, running screen on Solaria, screen in
turn has telnet sessions to other boxes on the network...  you can easily
get the characters going back and forth over half a dozen links... hehh fun)

... Joe