Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:40:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35014: lame port does not depend on Gtk so far.

The following reply was made to PR ports/35014; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
To: Hidenori Ishikawa <hideishi@magisystem.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:35:52 -0800

 On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 at 09:27:04 +0900, Hidenori Ishikawa wrote:
 > >Number:         35014
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       lame port does not depend on Gtk so far.
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       non-critical
 > >Environment:
 > System: FreeBSD rei 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Feb 16 20:55:14 JST 2002 root@rei:/usr/src/sys.fiva/i386/compile/FIVA206VL-20020216 i386

 > The port "audio/lame" 's Makefile (CVS revision 1.20) has
 > a definition of "USE_GTK=yes".
 > However, as far as I can see, this port does not depend on
 > Gtk at all since gtk frontend is not built.
 > Lame's gtk frontend is not included in the pkg-plist ether.
 > It will be nice to cut of this dependency, since this
 > dependency is meaningless.
 >
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Look at ports/audio/lame/Makefile (CVS revision 1.20).
 >
 > >Fix:
 > Cut off "USE_GTK=yes" in the Makefile (CVS revision 1.20).

 I noticed this a few weeks ago, but apparently I forgot to tell the
 maintainer.  I think the default should definitely be without GTK, and
 add a knob for those who want to build with the GTK front-end.  I'll
 come up with a patch and send it to the maintainer.

 - jim

 --
 jim mock <mij@soupnazi.org>   http://soupnazi.org/ | jim@FreeBSD.org