Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 03:09:56 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Isaac Waldron <waldroni@lr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 07:57:14PM -0500, Isaac Waldron wrote:
> Has anyone been able to stop sendmail from performing DNS lookups?  I
> have a dial-up connection to my ISP which is currently set up to dial-
> on-demand (userland PPP).

Since you have enabled HoldExpensive, you might try creating some
filters for user-PPP that inhibit dialing when packets destined for
ports 25/tcp (sendmail) or 53/udp (named) are sent out.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"Don't let your schooling interfere with your education." [Mark Twain]