Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:36:53 -0500
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@rochester.rr.com>
To:        "D. Gregory" <gregoryd@kersur.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Greetings

> As a newcomer to the world of WEB hosting, I'm interested to go with th=
> best.
> My research indicates that FreeBSD is the best for WEB servers.
> Having said that, I'm perplexed by the demon caricature that you use.
> Though I'm sure it's displayed in good humor, you may want to consider =
that
> Bible believers and other of faith would probably be happier it that we=
re
> not your logo.
> =

> I'm a Bible belieing Christian and have a "live and let live" outlook, =
but
> I'd want to avoid using art work that could be construed by my peers as=

> disrepectful of our value system.  Many Christians, including myself
> believe there will be a judgement day and that good and evil do exist. =

> Personally, I prefer to avoid giving the appearance that I'm being cavi=
lier
> on that topic. Anyway, just though you'd like to know.
> =

> Dan
> =

> PS:  The concept of a demon as super-duper performance such as "fast as=
> demon"
> is stale.  Why not use a Panda Bear or Bullfrog or old smelly sneaker a=
> your logo.
> Personally, I'd go with an old smelly sneaker.  Now that's COOL.
> =

I'm not sure your mother tongue...but this is from
meriam-webster on line dictionary (http://www.m-w.com) -- very useful...

Main Entry: de=B7mon
Variant(s): or dae=B7mon /'dE-m&n/
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English demon, from Late Latin & Latin; Late Latin daem=
on =

evil spirit, from Latin, divinity, spirit, from Greek daimOn,
probably from daiesthai to distribute -- more at TIDE
Date: 13th century
1 a : an evil spirit b : a source or agent of evil, harm, distress, or ru=
in
2 usually daemon : an attendant power or spirit : GENIUS
3 usually daemon : a supernatural being of Greek mythology intermediate =

between gods and men
4 : one that has exceptional enthusiasm, drive, or effectiveness <a demon=
 for =

work>
- de=B7mo=B7ni=B7an /di-'mO-nE-&n/ adjective
- de=B7mon=B7iza=B7tion /"dE-m&-n&-'zA-sh&n/ noun
- de=B7mon=B7ize /'dE-m&-"nIz/ transitive verb =

Notice definition number 2...

Also, using the thesaurus, all the synonyms connotate satanic entities...=

so daemon is the right word...

Marty Leisner