Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 17:39:34 +0900
From:      itojun@itojun.org
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/4326

> * Could have been more maturely & succinctly articulated as:
> * 	"SH added to /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk after 2.2.2 release,
> * 	 submitter presumed to be running 2.2.2 & not stable or current"
>That completely misses the point.  I have no patience for people who
>waste our time because he can't be bothered to read the instructions
>(it has been stated over and over that you need to update some stuff
>if you are going to run the latest ports on a release system) or at
>least take a look at the Makefile in question before submitting a
>bogus PR.

	anyway, there should be a way to prevent bogus PRs.

	how about one of the followings:
	- timestamping (already rejected yesterday, I remember)
	- include latest bsd.port.mk into somewhere in /usr/ports
	  (or somehow include bsd.port.mk to list of CVSup'ed files for
	  collection "ports-all" ?)
	  Then, we'll do
	  # ln -s /usr/ports/somewhere/bsd.port.mk /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk

itojun