Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 1995 11:07:23 +0800 (WST)
From:      Terry Dwyer <tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
To:        hasty@netcom.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: playmidi?

On Mon, 13 Feb 1995 hasty@netcom.com wrote:

[...]
> > On that note, I've been wondering if there is a program that will do
> > text to speech output under FreeBSD.  I'd like the machine to be able
>
> No problem!
[...]
> 	Next :)
> 	Amancio

With all the interest in audio over the last couple of days I thought I'd
try rsynth.  I grabbed the rsynth port from FreeBSD.org and compiled it
in my 1.1.5.1 box no problem.  Since it is not too great without the
dictionary, I also got that from:
  ftp://ota.ox.ac.uk88/pub/ota/dicts/710/text710.dat.gz
However rsynth does not find the dictionary in /usr/local/lib which is
the default in dict.c  Is this caused by some deficiency in 1.1.5.1 or
does it happen in 2.x as well

Amancio, thanks for telling us about this.

   _-_|\    Terry Dwyer 	  E-Mail: tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au
  /     \   System Administrator  Phone: +61 9 491 5161     Fax: +61 9 221 2631
  *_.^\_/   Telecom Australia     Telstra Corporation       MIME capable mailer
       v    Perth  WA                 ( I do not speak for Telstra or Telecom )