Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 1995 18:27:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rob Misiak" <rdm@ic.net>
To:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   getdtablesize() broken?

I was messing around with a program that calls select() - for some reason I
kept getting EINVAL. So I twiddled with the sources a bit, and found that
giving 64 as the first argument to select() (rather than getdtablesize())
fixed the error. Is this a problem with one of the two functions? The
program is known to work on many other systems, and it did for me when I
was using FreeBSD 2.0, so I don't think it is the problem. (BTW, I'm using
2.2-current now.)

Rob