Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 01:16:31 +0800 (GMT)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@public.bta.net.cn>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Weird problem with nlpt

I'm running 2.2.7-RELEASE with ppbus on a Tecra 510CDT.  The ppbus works
fine with the vpo driver and my external Zip drive.  However, I just added
a new printer (Epson Stylus Color 800) which works fine on this hardware
under Win95, but badly misbehaves with nlpt.

If I run this command line:

  % echo -n '123^L' | lpr -lh

I get a page that looks like this:

  +-----------

  | 112233

If I print a longer document, the printer gets a dozen or so bytes into the
job and hangs.  "ps -axl" shows the lpd process waiting on "nlptwr".
Eventually lpd times out and dies, leaving the printer waiting for input.

Comments?  Suggestions?

	-Michael Robinson

P.S. dmesg sez:
  ppc0 at 0x378 irq 7 on isa
  ppc0: Generic chipset (ECP/PS2/NIBBLE) in NIBBLE mode
  ppbus0: <unknown unknown>
  ppi0: <generic parallel i/o> on ppbus 0
  nlpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
  nlpt0: Interrupt-driven port