Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 00:55:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Thomas H. Ptacek" <tqbf@enteract.com>
To:        dholland@eecs.harvard.edu (David Holland)
Cc:        tqbf@enteract.com, grr@shandakor.tharsis.com, adam@homeport.org, robert@cyrus.watson.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org, tech@openbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security Model/Target for FreeBSD or 4.4?

> out very carefully - it's very easy to end up with huge additional
> complexity with no increment in security.

You're right. In many environments, there may not be a significant gain in
security; however, in some environments, there may be something to be
gained, and, in this case, the added complexity is minimal.

I look forward to Mr. de Raadt sharing his concept for arbitrary
restrictions on privileged port access without kernel modifications.

Thomas Ptacek at EnterAct, L.L.C., Chicago, IL [tqbf@enteract.com]
"If you're so special, why aren't you dead?"