Date:      26 Oct 2002 13:13:45 -0500
From:      Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME 2.0.4

I figured I'd open this up to the list. A little while ago I upgraded my
box to 4.7 and then did a 'portupgrade -r pkgconfig'. Since then GNOME
has refused to read the default menus from
/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/vfolders. Following is what is appearing in my
.xsession-errors file, then following that is the "transcript" of my
conversations with Joe to attempt to find the problem. Any insight as to
how to solve this problem would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

==================
~/.xsession_errors
==================

/usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: could not file the sessreg utility, cannot update wtmp and utmp
SESSION_MANAGER=local/lobo:/tmp/.ICE-unix/98555
Loaded background '0x81bf680
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Applications -----
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Accesories -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Other -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Programming -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Games -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Graphics -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Internet -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Multimedia -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Office -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Preferences -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Advanced -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Sawfish -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: Accessibility -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: System -----
----- RELOADING FOLDER: System -----
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
Unable to open desktop file applications:///nautilus.desktop for panel launcher: Error reading file 'applications:///nautilus.desktop': File not found
Unable to open desktop file applications:///System/gnome-terminal.desktop for panel launcher: Error reading file 'applications:///System/gnome-terminal.desktop': File not found
Extra content at the end of the document

** CRITICAL **: file mozilla.cpp: line 134 (gboolean mozilla_preference_set(const char *, const char *)): assertion `new_value != NULL' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file mozilla.cpp: line 134 (gboolean mozilla_preference_set(const char *, const char *)): assertion `new_value != NULL' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file mozilla.cpp: line 134 (gboolean mozilla_preference_set(const char *, const char *)): assertion `new_value != NULL' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file mozilla.cpp: line 134 (gboolean mozilla_preference_set(const char *, const char *)): assertion `new_value != NULL' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file mozilla.cpp: line 134 (gboolean mozilla_preference_set(const char *, const char *)): assertion `new_value != NULL' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file mozilla.cpp: line 134 (gboolean mozilla_preference_set(const char *, const char *)): assertion `new_value != NULL' failed.
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Cannot open "/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so"]
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0