Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/21443: I'm tired of telling people how to copy a disk.

The following reply was made to PR docs/21443; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To: Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:22:00 -0500 (CDT)

 Ben Smithurst writes:
 > mwm@mired.org wrote:
 > > Q: How do I move my system over to my huge new disk?
 > *grumble*
 >
 > It would be really nice if you could send this as an SGML diff to the
 > FAQ, with correct indentation and everything. ("correct" means what the
 > FDP Primer says, not what most of the FAQ is.  Some of the questions in
 > the FAQ are correct though, mostly the recent additions.)

 SGML is great stuff, and I use it all the time. However, when I asked
 on docs for information on submitting a new FAQ, I got told "just send
 a PR". I couldn't find anything obvious on how to do it in SGML, other
 than instructions for joining the doc project. That was distinctly
 overkill for adding a single FAQ entry; especially when compared to
 things like the Python FAQ Wizard.

 So - give me a pointers to a DTD I can install for psgml to use and
 the primer for formatting, as well as a place to grab the source for
 just the FAQ, and I'll mark up my text, add it and send a diff.

 	<mike