Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:45:25 +0300
From:      "Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lang/php53 dumps core

From: Volodymyr Kostyrko

> On some of my servers php keeps dumping core on some requests. There are
> days that it dumps core almost continuously. However there are days it
> works smoothly.

> What other data I should collect to file a PR? Or is this just a memory
> problem?

Most probably it's php extension loading order, which is really bit of hit
and miss to debug. Fooling around with /usr/local/php/extension.ini loading
order might help once you find the culprit.

Been thinking about one possible solution to this problem as everytime php
is rebuilt, extension order changes, unless old and working extension ini is
stored somewhere.

What I've had in mind is having php itself install the extension file in
known working load order with extensions commented out and then every
extension port removing comment at installtime and putting comment back at
deinstall.

-Reko