Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:22:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@jaguar.ir.miami.edu>
To:        Brian Tiemann <btman@ugcs.caltech.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System reboots upon exiting X

I am running a setup very similar to this.  I have a Mtorx G200 with 8 MB
of VRAM, and I am using 3.0-RELEASE with Xaccel 4.1.1.  My system works
fine.  The way I set it up, was to first make sure I had the aout X libs
installed (/usr/X11R6/lib/aout), then, I did a Minimal Xaccel
installation, and added all the Xaccel patches for the Matrox cards.  For
4.1.1, I added the D4101.jumbo patch, the D4102.001.tar.gz patch,
D4102.003.tar.gz patch, D4102.012.tar.gz patch, and the D4102.018.tar.gz
patch.  Everything seemed to work fine after this.  If you've already done
a Full Xaccel install, you may need to uninstall it, and then reinstall
XFree86, then install the Minimal over it.  All patches from XiG are
available at ftp.xig.com along with installation instructions.

Joe Clarke