Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 1995 12:31:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      obiwan!bob@uudell.us.dell.com (Bob Willcox)
To:        amurai@spec.co.jp (Atsushi MURAI)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, pst@Shockwave.COM, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: kern/248: scbus attach/probe printf inconsistency

Atsushi MURAI wrote:

> > > bt0: targ 0 sync rate=10.00MB/s(100ns), offset=15
> > > bt0: targ 1 sync rate= 4.54MB/s(220ns), offset=15
> > > bt0: targ 4 async
> > > bt0: targ 6 async
>
> It's a common information for SCSI bus by each target and card. So I
> will recommend these information should be saved into common
> strucuture and and then "scbus" routine show with device identify
> later. But I prefer to see this information at boot time and by dmesg
> command because when I supporting a people, it's easy.

I agree very strongly with Atsushi on this.  I use these as visible evidence
that all the negotiations are going as I expected.  Without them you're left
in the dark.

--
Bob Willcox                ...!{rutgers|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!uudell!obiwan!bob
Austin, TX                                 or: @uudell.us.dell.com:obiwan!bob