Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 15:40:16 +0800
From:      "Alvin Poon" <alvin@staff.csee-transport-hk.com.hk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PCCARD problems with 4.1-release

Hi,

I have a little problem with driving the PCMCIA slot on my Sony VAIO.  It's
a Ricoh RL5C475 (pcic-pci0) driven by an Intel i82365 (pcic0).

With the GENERIC kernel from FreeBSD 4.1-release, I have tried both the
3C589D and the MELCO LPC3-TX ethernet cards, but neither of them could be
enabled.  Both of them reported "driver allocation failed" then "Device not
configured".

Both cards are specified in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf, and both are defined
in the kernel (ep and ed respectively).

There is only one PCMCIA slot so it has nothing to do with the disabled
pcic1 slot.

And I've checked the PAO package.  It says on the web site that it is not
supported on the 4.x branch, so that's out of the question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a mil.

Alvin Poon, System Engineer
CSEE Transport Hong Kong Limited