Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:59:14 +1030
From:      Marc Dodsworth <marcd@tpg.com.au>
To:        "Chris Dahler" <chris.dahler@gte.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serial Ports Problem

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, you wrote:

Hi,

A lot of of the time with PCCARD modems and winmodems, they are recognised
by the software as comports rather than being physical com ports (i,e ones
built on the motherboard or through and external card)

It maybe that somehow FreeBSD is detecting the Winmodem (but that does not
mean that it will work with FreeBSD).

Have you tried booting with a PCCARD enabled kernel to see what that comes
back with in relation to your PCCARD modem?

As with a lot of things these days, just becuase it works with windoze doesn't
count for much in real word (especially those abominations called winmodems)

 Marc